Upload Your Photo here & earned extra $$$$!!!

Friday, September 27, 2013

How to express milk during working hour?

Hello readers..

In this entry I would like to share on my experience expressing milk while working..

1st you have to have a pump

2nd you have to have nursing cover

3rd a place to pump...

Since my office do not have nursing room (lucky for those which have the room)..
What I did was, I pumped in surau and my work station..

I am always in office 1 hour before my working schedule..
I ate breakfast and express milk for 20 minutes.. (it was 40 minutes if used manual pump - 20 minutes for each breast)... morning session is always in the surau.. this would be around 7:20am in the morning..

The next session will be around 10:20am.. however, I normally forgot and start a bit later when my breast was already engorged. This is always at my work station, answering call from customer while assembling the pump and it would last 30 minutes. 

I always jotted down the time when I express my milk on a piece of paper to keep a track on the hours. There will be four bottles ebm from work with 3 session of pumping.. Normally, I will get around 18 to 20oz.. You have to be very disciplined on this.. No excuses..

I pumped today for lo use tomorrow..
I normally send 4 bottles of 3oz to the babysitter (bs) and got 1 bottle returned with 5oz (the bs mixed all my ebm)... which I have to throw it away because I suspect it was the leftovers. 

Hope this helped.. if not, you can leave a comment and I will response to your inquiry.


No comments:

Post a Comment